Following are some tips for leather jacket care.
- Leather jacket shouldn’t be cleaned very often. A leather jacket only needs to be cleaned once a year. Fill a bucket with warm water, add a small amount of mild soap or detergent and mix it well.
- Moisten the sponge or soft cloth with the soapy water.
- Gently wipe it over the surface of the jacket. Keep in mind, not to scrub it.
- To rinse the jacket, moisten a sponge or a soft cloth with plain water and wipe the entire coat to remove any soap residue.
- Wipe or blot the coat with a dry sponge or cloth to remove any excess moisture.
- Hang the coat to dry.
- Once dry, apply a leather conditioner to keep the leather soft and flexible. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for application.
- Finally, the coat is ready to be worn or stored until next.
Need professional help in cleaning leather upholstery?