Leather bags are just a necessity for some, but for others it is a style statement. The texture and appearance of the bag may be ruined if proper care is not taken. Follow these tips to maintain the look of your leather bag.
- Never use alcohol to remove ink stains; instead use a white eraser.
- Do not use saddle soap to clean leather bags. It is very alkaline and will affect the texture of the leather.
- For oil stains, use corn starch. Rub it onto the bag. Let corn starch absorb the oil. Use a light bulb to create a bit of heat. This will facilitate the absorption of the oil into the corn starch. Brush off with a soft tooth brush. Repeat until all oil has been removed.
- Keep out of direct sunlight.
- To remove odour from handbags, place a container of baking soda in the bag. The larger the surface area the better. Heat will help release the odour, so that baking soda can absorb it. You may have to replenish the baking soda a couple of times.
Need help in cleaning leather furniture?