Leather is a material which is made from animal skin. Leather can become imbued with strong smells like perfume, food odour, sweat, smoke or tanning process itself. There are number of methods used to remove smells. Below are 6 easy steps to remove bad odour from leather.
- If your leather item is stinking too much, place it outside to dry for 24 hours.
- Brush the leather properly to remove any build up using a nylon brush.
- Use professionally made leather cleansers to clean the leather. Wipe the leather with a soft cloth dipped in leather cleaner.
- Wrapping the leather in a newspaper can help to soak up the smell and moisture after cleaning it.
- Prepare a solution of 5 parts of water and 1 part of distilled water and pour it into a spray bottle. Spray it gently on the leather and allow it to dry.
- Condition leather with linseed oil to improve smell.
Need professional help in cleaning leather?